All the cool blog names were taken, so my cats, Cooler and Fizler, lent their names. This blog is about our third or fourth mega-trip that Will and I have taken to Vermont every September since the year before Hurricane Katrina.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Catching up

I'm loving being home from the long trip east. For the last week we have been catching up, unpacking, slowly experiencing re-entry into our lives at home. It was so good to see the dogs and cats. And Charles, too, but we got to see him in Little Rock before we got home

Going back through the pictures, there are some I wanted to post and never got around to, so that's what I'm doing now.

~~~~~~~

On a couple of mornings at the Live & Learn Conference, I managed to get up and exercise. The place has a gymnasium and a work out room, but the gym is mostly a basketball court, and the work out room was locked that early in the morning. It was okay, because there was a lovely porch on the building, with the gigantic Roman columns. I took my yoga mat over and did the Master Your Body routine, along with 100 jumping jacks and extra stretching. The sun was coming up to the east, over the mountain and across the great lawn in front of Lee Hall. Here's a picture of Lee Hall:



While doing ab-dogs, I noticed spider webs on the porch railings, and this really cool double one next to a column. The sun was shining through I just couldn't resist taking a picture of it.



Another instance where I was limited by the screen on my point-n-shoot digital camera. Not the best framing, but I still like the way the web looks.

~~~~~~~~~
A DIFFERENT DAY:

Will and I took a ride down to the ocean from our campsite at Cape Henlopen State Park near Lewes, Delaware. Even the mountain bike couldn't handle the deep sand, eventually.




Here's Will racing the waves. Handsome fella!



Then we saw the Cantonment at Fort Miles, which was placed there after Pearl Harbor. Those guns were nearer the shore up on towers.



Will was feeling poorly so we didn't get to do the cycling we would have liked. It was a cycling friendly place, that's for sure!

1 comment:

PL Anne Anderson said...

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing!
Great job keeping active! Very inspiring, Thanks,
momonbikemob.blogspot.com