All the cool blog names were taken, so my cats, Cooler and Fizler, lent their names. This blog is about our third or fourth mega-trip that Will and I have taken to Vermont every September since the year before Hurricane Katrina.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We made it to the Atlantic! Well, almost. It was a longer haul than we were ready to make, from Asheville to Lewes, Delaware. We ended up spending the night in Chesapeake, VA, which is outside Norfolk.

A nice civilized hotel, with cable TV and wi-fi. We hadn't seen any TV since arriving at the BRA. We knew there was weather acoming, so it was nice to get the whole picture on TWC. Unortunately, it didn't look good for camping.

I looked for a cabin, and found one outside Ocean City. The place looked great--Frontier Town--then I looked at the event calendar.

Delmarva Bike Week starts Thursday! So my choices were a thunderstorm in a tent or a cabin with roaring Harleys outside my window. I decided to at least drive by Frontier town and take a look. My decision was made for me, however, when I saw 5 bikers pull out of the Harley dealer right in front of me, and then proceed to ride ten miles below the speed limit.

We could make do in a tent. Maybe it wouldn't actually rain. Will forgot his swim trunks, so while we were shopping and eating in Ocean City, MD,, the squall line went through and it never rained another drop.

Now its a pleasant 70 degrees, and we've already ridden our bikes a few miles on the paved path this morning. There's a cantonment here, Ft. Miles, that was placed to protect the shore after WWI. The huge guns are still here.

Will is feeling a little under the weather, so we're taking it easy the rest of the day.

I have more pics that will post when I get electricity again..
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

No comments: