All the cool blog names were taken, so my cats, Cooler and Fizler, lent their names. This blog is about our third or fourth mega-trip that Will and I have taken to Vermont every September since the year before Hurricane Katrina.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Liberty Bell

This is a picture of Will looking thru the glass at the actual Liberty Bell. It is free to go in and see, but there is a loing line with security checks. Since we were travelling to Margaret's and didn't want to be late, we decided not to get in line. I'm so glad they had that window! The area around Independence Hall is definitely somewhere I want to revisit when I have more time. Will expressed interest in seeing originals of the Declaraion and Constitution. Maybe we'll go back on our way ro Camp next year.

I have Ben Franklin's biography at home. Wish I had read it!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

His biography is a really awful read. I had to read it (and write a paper, of course) when I took Colonial North America in college and it made my eyes want to bleed. LOL I kept my copy anyway.

I'd like to make a trip to DC and/or Philly sometime. When Jack is a little bigger we should make the trip. Jake won't go with me.

Karen Ann said...

Eyes bleed, huh?

Are you trying to tell me something??? :)

Mandy said...

No. I'm just convinced its a boy. :)