All the cool blog names were taken, so my cats, Cooler and Fizler, lent their names. This blog is about our third or fourth mega-trip that Will and I have taken to Vermont every September since the year before Hurricane Katrina.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ocean side

The beach at Cape Henlopen State Park is a very nice beach. The sand is cleaner than I expected. The water is that greenish color of the northern climes. It was the first thing I noticed; not the blue water of the Carribean that we're used to.

Will spent a few hours skimboarding. It is kind of like surfing, but there's no rudder on the board, and it is smaller. You kind of throw it into the shallow waves while running, then you jump on it and ride the wave parellel to shore. It took a while but he got the hang if it.

It was a beautiful day foe the beach. This might not be the picture of tha day, it occurs to me.

No comments: