All the cool blog names were taken, so my cats, Cooler and Fizler, lent their names. This blog is about our third or fourth mega-trip that Will and I have taken to Vermont every September since the year before Hurricane Katrina.

Monday, August 25, 2008

All better

We had a good weekend, with nothing to do but hang out. We did go to the ballpark and install the water pipe for the sprinkler to the mound. I helped Charles by bailing and sucking water out of the trench. It was muddy work, but it had to be done so the field can be dried out and ready for sod by the end of the week, hopefully.

My legs don't hurt anymore! I did the run this morning at boot camp but only went half way. I ran the whole way, though.

I manufactured window dressings for the Element on Sunday. It works pretty well, the Reflectix. I can roll them all up, put a bungee around them, and put them up in the cargo net on the ceiling. That cargo net is staying up there forever, that's for sure. Handy as a pocket. Or is it a pocket?

I finally got the Centurion back from Community Bicyclist. It is set up so sweeeeeet, but I wish the interruptor levers were a little farther apart. I think he was leaving room for my handlebar bag, but I'm not sure. I don't think they can be changed without new cable/housing. I will have to get used to the barcons, but I don't think it will take long. The real test will be in Asheville next week. I need to put my shoes on and give it a real work out. I rode it to boot camp this morning, but didn't bother to put my shoes on. Just pushed the Frogs without being attached. That's dangerous for my knees, but I took it easy.

Thinking about changing out the pedals and making it my "porch bike", the one that I just hop on and ride to the post office or whereever I need to go. Since I'm only home a week before I leave for a month, I think I'll put that off--but I'll still keep it on the porch, because I like looking at it so much!

Oh, and it fits on the rig I made for the inside of the Element! Fits perfectly, as if I used it instead of the 1000 to make the rig. It makes the rig darn heavy, though!

No comments: