All the cool blog names were taken, so my cats, Cooler and Fizler, lent their names. This blog is about our third or fourth mega-trip that Will and I have taken to Vermont every September since the year before Hurricane Katrina.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

T minus 4 days

Just got through watching Obama's acceptance speech. I can't find anything to dislike about him. I know certain people think I should be for Hillary, but you know she's unelectable when still, 8 years later, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette regularly publishes letters to the editor about how much they still hate the Clintons. Obama's a smart guy. We're the same age (I'll be 47 in January, he turned in August). I didn't like Biden during the primaries--same old same old--but I enjoyed his speech at the convention. I softened up a little over the tragedy in his life. He's not a bad choice, I guess. This is the first time I've ever been excited about a candidate, and it started back in the first part of the year. So let me just say it--Obama for President! That's it for the political talk on this blog!

~~~~~~~~~
So there are a little less than 4 days until we leave. I've spent so much time on stuff for other people I haven't had much time to work on the packing, etc. Holly is coming over tomorrow to bring a bag for Dillon. I hope it's not too big!

I'm thinking of putting another box on top of the cargo box, but I don't know how I would attach it.

~~~~~
Oh no, religion! The guy who just did the closing prayer at the convention did something GREAT, especially for a Christian. He asked everyone in the audience to close the prayer in the way their own traditions close prayer. I guess that means the Catholics were crossing and the Jews weren't saying "in Jesus name" (I don't know how they Jews close prayers other than amen). I'm happy to see a prominent pastor do such a thing. So that's it for religion on this blog! It's a twofer--religion and politics in one post!
~~~~~~~

So how would I attach another cargo box to the top of the big cargo box? I thought about a cargo net, but it would still have to be strapped down. I also thought of taking certain things out of the box (chair, tent) and bungying them to the front of the box, between the box and the tailgate. Then maybe I wouldn't need another box. Unfortunately, all the boxes I've found are either too small or two flimsey to withstand driving rain, especially with straps pinching them.

Thought about putting a box on top of the Element, but that's just too much drag. Not gonna do it. I guess I'll wait and see what the load looks like for sure.

I'm planning on riding my bike every day if just for a mile, the whole time I'm gone. Gonna have to lift some weights, do some MYB, or something, too.

Hitting it hard tomorrow: washing the car, vacuuming, cleaning up the house. G'night!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Also loved the speech and love, love, love Obama! Jake needs some convincing though. He won't vote, but he thinks Obama is full of it. He's been listening to conservative talk radio and I'm pretty sure its causing his brain to rot.

Karen Ann said...

It was never important to me before he went to iraq.