All the cool blog names were taken, so my cats, Cooler and Fizler, lent their names. This blog is about our third or fourth mega-trip that Will and I have taken to Vermont every September since the year before Hurricane Katrina.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Amazin' 'Maters

The little boys and I got out in the yard today. Spencer wanted to dig for worms, so I handed him the spade and pointed to the garden. He couldn't find any. It's in the 60s today, and the ground is still pretty dry, so I'm sure they're hiding down where the conditions are worm friendly and beyond the reach of the average 6-year-old.

While we were out there, I noticed there were still hundreds of green and red tomatoes on this tomato plant that I completely ignored after I tried to nurse it through the drought and finally got too busy. The boys helped me pick some. Fin was the only one brave enough to eat one with me.

From Cool Fiz
Jack liked to find the flawed ones.

From Cool Fiz

Spencer liked pulling them off by the handful.

From Cool Fiz


Fin really didn't like his 'mater, but at least he gave it a try!

No comments: