All the cool blog names were taken, so my cats, Cooler and Fizler, lent their names. This blog is about our third or fourth mega-trip that Will and I have taken to Vermont every September since the year before Hurricane Katrina.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Miscellany

A list of things that have flitted or wended their way through my mind lately:

*Should I trade in my oven for a fully enclosed model?

*In two days I won't have any "children" at home. Everyone in my house will be legal adults.

*Next year, I'll have been a parent for 30 years.

*I feel really cozy and safe when I sleep in the Element.

*30 years is a long time.

*Really hate coffee shops who don't know what real tea is.

*Mystic Chai from Sam's is not good enough for a coffee shop that proudly displays "Barista" Certificates of Training.

*I think I should write a letter about it.

*I think I could really get into the flea market business.

*My grandfather used to take me to Maxwell Street in Chicago.

*People are friendly if you're friendly first, and give them an opportunity to help.

*It's really, really dry in Texas. Even though it rained on me while I was there.

*I wish we had Texas speed limits in Arkansas.

*It's pretty stupid to drive a Texas speed limit on some Arkansas roads.

*That's probably why we don't have Texas speed limits.

*I didn't know there were race riots in Tulsa in 1921. Apparently it was pretty hush-hush for a long time.

*That squeak in the dash of the Element is extremely annoying. Wonder how much that's going to cost to get fixed?

*I forgot Heather's birthday. She understands.

*I wonder how long it would take to get all the bike stuff ready to take to the flea market?

*Most boring blog post ever.

*Could make some of them interesting, though.

2 comments:

Reticula said...

I think Tulsa had a large African American community. There were all black towns in Oklahoma that were quite successful.

You're getting rid of your bike stuff? What? Are we never going to ride together?

Karen Ann said...

Not really getting rid of my good bikes. I have quite a collection of bicycles from when I was really into it. There are probably 13 bikes out there, not counting Will's and Charles's. Among those are some really nice classic bikes, which I could sell and get my money out of. I wouldn't sell the mountain bike or the road bike. It would be hard to get rid of some of the others, too. But I need to.